- Ashley Gantt
What to Do After a Car Accident in Florida: The Top 5 Tips for 2023
Updated: Jan 13
Car accidents are an unfortunate reality of life, and they can have far-reaching consequences for those involved. If you find yourself in the midst of a car accident in Florida, it is important to know what steps to take. Gantt Legacy Law, P.A., has put together this list of the top 5 tips for handling a car accident in Florida in 2023. Read on to learn more about how to protect yourself after an accident.
1. Seek Medical Attention Immediately
– Even if you don’t think that you were injured during the accident, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Many injuries caused by car accidents can take time to manifest, so getting checked out right away is always the best course of action. This will also help protect your legal rights going forward and provide evidence that any injury was caused by the accident and not by something else later on.
2. Exchange Information with All Parties Involved
– It is important to get contact information from everyone involved in the accident, including witnesses who may have seen what happened. Take photos of all vehicles at the scene and make sure to note any damage done to each vehicle. Also be sure to collect insurance information and contact information from anyone involved or present at the scene of the accident.
3. File an Accident Report
– You must file an official report with Florida's Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles within 10 days following an auto accident that results in injury or death, or property damage exceeding $500 dollars total for all vehicles combined (this includes damages done by both parties). Even if your case does not meet these criteria, it is still recommended that you file a police report in order for there to be an official document outlining what happened during the incident which could be useful when filing claims down the line should any issues arise from the incident.
4. Contact Your Insurance Company
– As soon as possible after an accident, contact your insurance company and let them know what happened so they can begin processing your claim quickly and efficiently while protecting your rights throughout all steps of this process as well as helping you receive fair compensation for any damages or losses incurred due to this incident as well as ensuring coverage for any medical costs associated with this event should they arise later on down the line.
5 Contact An Attorney
– If you've been injured due to another driver’s negligence, it’s important that you contact a personal injury attorney who specializes in auto accidents right away because they will be able help ensure that all aspects of your case are handled appropriately according to Florida law so that you can receive fair compensation for whatever damages or losses occurred due to this event . A skilled attorney will also help protect your legal rights throughout every step of this process until a satisfactory resolution has been reached between both parties involved in this case and/or proper justice has been served according to court jurisdiction laws set forth within state guidelines regarding such matters..
Car accidents are stressful events regardless of where they occur; however, knowing what steps need taken afterward can help alleviate some stress associated with these events while simultaneously protecting one’s legal rights now and into future should other issues arise from this incident down the line which could potentially complicate matters further than originally anticipated initially upon occurrence thereof.
Following these five simple tips listed above can help ensure that everything goes smoothly following a car crash while helping one get back on track financially following whatever losses may have been incurred during said incident.. We hope these tips prove helpful when dealing with automotive incidents within The Sunshine State! Should any issues arise regarding such matter where legal counsel is needed please do not hesitate contacting Gantt Legacy Law, P.A. today! We look forward hearing from you, thank you!